1/16/2006

Restart, and a podcast in the making

It's been a really long month since I posted anything. The complete lack of motivation on my end was and still is appalling. Yet, like most situations, if you fall off the proverbial bandwagon, then the only thing you can do, other than lying on the mud and suffocate, is to pick yourself up and try to climb on board again.

So, this is my attempt to climb back on the wagon.

What have I been doing lately? A lot of lying around doing nothing, and a lot of thinking about how to get a podcast up. Yes, a podcast. It has been a lifelong dream for me to be a DJ, though it remains a dream as I never really thought and act enough to realize it. Now, the one and only chance for me to live my dream is here.

So, what kind of podcast is it going to be? Initially I was thinking about a kind of commentary on things, media reviews (for books, movies, music and TV shows alike), and thoughts of my own. Yet, I realize that this might be a little unfocused, and is overly ambitious. Besides, I am not even sure if my setup, as well as my voice will be pleasant to the ear, let alone my opinions. These ideas will have to wait, until I got the hang of podcasting.

After much thoughts, I will probably produce a podsafe music show instead. No licence music, all podsafe. This is, of course, not related to the current debate on some people blaming podcasters being complacent when discussing with C.A.S.H on use of licence music. My decision on using podsafe music was based long ago, when I got the idea from Adam Curry's podcast that RIAA of USA would duke it out with podcasters on unauthorized licence music. Whether it is right for such limitation is one thing, but I would rather to play safe, even if I decide to work on right the wrong on this issue. But I digress.

My selection of music will be primarily from the Podsafe Music Network, which I had registered. I would like to join Garageband.com also, but I sort of wondered about their policy on podcast use of their music. Maybe their Gcast service will be least restrictive on such usage...

Well, in any case, stay tuned!